- An Innovation Manager Is An Idea Finder
- An Innovation Manager Is An Idea Manager
- The Innovation Manager Is An Organisational Developer
- An Innovation Manager Is An Innovation Scout
- An Innovation Manager Is a Product Developer
- Innovation Managers Are Responsible For Continuous Improvement
- The Innovation Manager Is Also A Project Manager
- An Innovation Manager Is Also An Innovation Strategist
- An Innovation Manager Is A Patent Manager, Too!
- An Innovation Manager Is A Futurologist
- An Innovation Manager Is A Funding Manager
- Innovation Managers Are Portfolio Managers and Controllers
Innovation managers must have far-reaching and well-developed skills. In innovation circles, we like to say that they wear many different hats to fulfill all their duties. In this post of our series on The Twelve Hats Of An Innovation Manager, we assess the product development abilities of the innovation manager.
Here are 4 short reasons why the innovation manager is often the lead product developer:
- The innovation manager has deep product expertise.
- The innovation manager acts as the technician to develop the solutions behind the new products or services.
- He or she knows how to adhere to strict product (or project) specifications.
However, the unique role of the innovation manager is such that their responsibilities lie well beyond just the product developer role. After all, this blog series is about The Twelve Hats Of An Innovation Manager, isn’t it?
While the typical product developer would, once a prototype is complete, move on to the next project, the innovation manager continues with his or her oversight of the project. Over the course of the entire product lifecycle, the innovation manager continues to iterate the design and integrate feedback from marketing or sales teams.
Every duty rolled into one: the Innovation-as-a-Service option
Innovolo’s Innovation-as-a-Service is an outstanding way to achieve every role of the innovation manager in one cost-effective and easy-to-use package.
Let a team of trusted innovation experts guide your new product development (NPD) or organisational projects from start to finish! Along the way, you can access a network of experts in a variety of specialty product development fields: industrial design, mechanical design, electrical design, chemical engineering, and more!
We all know that the innovation process does not end once a prototype is delivered. Partnering with Innovolo is a great way to follow-through with the entire ecosystem of product development including innovation strategy, project management, and digital services. Your innovation efforts deserve the full suite of services to boost success and accelerate growth.
To find out more check us out at www.innovolo.co.uk.
…Do you have any experience working with (or as) an innovation manager? Let us know in the comments below! You should also feel free to engage with the rest of our series – The Twelve Hats Of An Innovation Manager – at our Innovolo blog.