- An Innovation Manager Is An Idea Finder
- An Innovation Manager Is An Idea Manager
- The Innovation Manager Is An Organisational Developer
- An Innovation Manager Is An Innovation Scout
- An Innovation Manager Is a Product Developer
- Innovation Managers Are Responsible For Continuous Improvement
- The Innovation Manager Is Also A Project Manager
- An Innovation Manager Is Also An Innovation Strategist
- An Innovation Manager Is A Patent Manager, Too!
- An Innovation Manager Is A Futurologist
- An Innovation Manager Is A Funding Manager
- Innovation Managers Are Portfolio Managers and Controllers
If you are a Managing Director, a Product Owner, or a leader in any capacity at a company, you may have interacted with an innovation manager before. He or she is the go-to person at your organisation to foster innovative activities and follow-through with new ideas.
We put together a series called The Twelve Hats Of An Innovation Manager to illustrate just how diverse and active the innovation manager must be for a company’s innovation efforts. In this post, we look at the organisational development role that the innovation manager lives and breathes.
The duties of the innovation manager go far beyond project management and product development. As a true innovator for the entire organisation, the innovation manager also engages in numerous other activities:
- Improves structures and processes so that innovation comes more naturally;
- Implements systems for innovation that make it more accessible and easy for all employees; and,
- Promotes a strong culture of innovation to persuade others to join the cause.
With these activities, it is clear that the innovation manager is not necessarily always in the driver’s seat for innovation. He or she is also concerned about fostering the right conditions in the organisation itself so that innovation can get a foothold in all departments.
Your own organisational developer is a call away
Innovolo is a U.K.-based innovation service provider with deep expertise in all aspects of innovation. If you are looking for a way to improve innovation uptake at the ground levels of your organisation, look no further!
Innovolo’s approach is to assist your teams and managers to look at your processes in brand new ways. With precise guidance, we can help your organisation break down barriers and encourage all employees to think creatively in open and honest ways.
As an organisational developer, Innovolo can assist with all the activities of an innovation manager and more!
Find out more at www.innovolo.co.uk
Plus, to discover the next post in our series, The Twelve Hats Of An Innovation Manager, check out our regularly-updated blog for the rest of the series (and much more innovation-related content)!